Friday, 14 March 2014

I thought my Mac was slow ...

...or maybe the internet connection wasn't running at full speed. I got angry at the amount of time I spent staring at the spinning ball symbol. Today, webpages got stuck halfway - when they did load at all. Once I had force quit Safari twice, I decided to use Chrome instead. Guess what. Everything now loads almost instantly. Chrome has now been set as my default browser. I am writing this blog entry in Chrome.

The behaviour that I had been attributing to the latest version of OSX (10.9.2) may well be simply that Safari is not working as well in the new system as it did in the old one. Which, when you think about it, is very strange indeed. I used Safari because it is the native browser for the Mac. Within the walled garden of the operating system if any browser has an advantage it would be the one built by and for the OEM. No? Apparently not.

No comments: