Monday, 4 July 2011

Nigiri at Sushi Han

Nigiri at Sushi Han by Stephen Rees
Nigiri at Sushi Han, a photo by Stephen Rees on Flickr.

Top row l to r: Tako Salad (octopus, ginger, green onion) Maguro (tuna) Sake (salmon) Amaebi (sweet shrimp) Toro (tuna belly)
Bottom row l to r: Unagi (bbq eel) Crab Tempura, Hotate (scallop)

www.sushihan.ca

This small sushi restaurant has been at the corner of Blundell and No 2 for as long as I have lived in Richmond. It is very popular both for eat in and take away. In my opinion it is one of the best places in terms of sushi quality. Service can often get overwhelmed by the sheer level of demand. Even so, if I am in the neighbourhood close to meal times, I will still head there. If you are in the mood for something other than sushi then I recommend Nabeyaki Udon: the broth alone is worth travelling for - it seems to have some miraculous property that restores me when I am feeling less than cheerful.

By the way the selection above is my own choice of nigiri: their own combos work out a bit cheaper - this came to $13.72 with tax

No comments: