Thursday, 7 October 2010

Telus offer

I have decided to revive what has been dormant for a while . This blog I set up for things that were not transportation or planning. Maybe that's not specific enough - and may need to be changed. We will see but right now I have some things bugging me that i think are worth sharing with a wider audience.

I got an offer from Telus in the mail this morning. I have been looking at what I pay for tv, telephone and internet and this looked very tempting. Until I turned it over and started to read the tiny grey print on the back. Actually the fact that the print is so small and difficult to read is a red light for me, but the details are not at all encouraging. To get the promised low prices you have to sign a three year contract. They offer something really cheap in year 1, but say nothing about the rates in future years - but they do specify penalties for breaking the contract. In other words, the deal will turn out to be so poor that they expect people to want to get out of it once they find out what the prices are for the second and third years.

No, I won't switch. And if you want me as a customer, I want to know that i will be treated respectfully - not to be treated like a sucker.

And just in case anyone at Telus reads this the offer code is PZR01

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too received that piece of junkmail, and noticed the fine print, so I went on their website to see how much their regular rates were after the first year. While I was on their site, a dialogue box opened up with an online agent offering to help answer my questions, so I asked her about how much the regular rates for the bundle (PZR01) would be after the first year. And you know what? The rates must be horrible as the agent said that she didn't know! This either means that she was an ill-informed representative of Telus, or that the company wouldn't supply her with that info so as not to scare the potential customer away. Instead she encouraged me to call Telus directly, which was something that I didn't want to do as I tend to get roped into things when speaking to an agent rather than just browsing for the information on their website, hence why I was on the website in the first place. All in all I am still trying to find out what the regular rates are.