Monday, 26 May 2008

And you think *your* job's bad

One of the men who played Jack Sparrow at Disneyland spills the beans on his former employer.

You’d hear that it sucks to work for Disney. They’re Nazis in Mickey hats. But I’d thought, “How bad could it be?” By the time I got fired, half of me was relieved. I was getting sick of constantly being barked at about what to do.
I did go to Disneyland, once. As a visitor it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, and I quite enjoyed it. Though the family refused to go on Magic Mountain. We had the sort of ticket that gets you special early morning entrance - which sounds great until you realize that a lot of things do not open early. And many people have the same type of ticket. The lineups are long - and the locals who have season tickets always bring someone in a wheelchair as part of their group so they can skip the line. And the food isn't bad, and there are no outrageous rip-offs as there are at every other fair or amusement park. And a lot of Disneyland is about transportation, so it was like a busman's holiday. They really understand queue management.

But at the back of my mind all the time was this feeling like I was in "The Prisoner". But then, just because I am paranoid, doesn't mean they weren't watching me closely all the time.

No comments: