Wednesday, 13 February 2008

The Swing to Obama

It really doesn't matter what I think as I don't have a vote in the US. Up until now I have been inclined towards Hilary - because I think a woman for president is important. I do not think that colour should be, but I recognize that it is. But what has influenced me today is the following quote I found while stumbling
“When I am this party’s nominee, my opponent will not be able to say that I voted for the war in Iraq; or that I gave George Bush the benefit of the doubt on Iran; or that I supported Bush-Cheney policies of not talking to leaders that we don’t like. And he will not be able to say that I wavered on something as fundamental as whether or not it is ok for America to torture — because it is never ok… I will end the war in Iraq… I will close Guantanamo. I will restore habeas corpus. I will finish the fight against Al Qaeda. And I will lead the world to combat the common threats of the 21st century: nuclear weapons and terrorism; climate change and poverty; genocide and disease. And I will send once more a message to those yearning faces beyond our shores that says, “You matter to us. Your future is our future. And our moment is now.”

my source is http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2008/02/06/barack-obama-quote/

I just wish he had provided a source for the quote


Thinking about it, I wondered if Bill went off track because of an issue he could not talk to Hilary about - his infidelity. Which, by the way, was nobody else's business but the three people involved.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Both Hillary and Obama would make excellent Presidents, but I'm rooting for Obama. The man is one of the most inspirational speakers I have ever seen.

I follow politics enough to be cynical about most every politician. And yet I believe in Obama. I hope he can live up to the hype.