The Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority of British Columbia (BPCPA) is the only organization of its kind in Canada. The BPCPA of BC protects consumers and encourages fair business practices by:Good. I can think of a number of things they can do.
* Responding to inquiries and complaints from BC consumers and businesses;
* Educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities;
* Licensing specific industries;
* Inspecting these licensed industries to ensure they are complying with BC's consumer protection laws;
* Investigating alleged violations of consumer protection laws and following up with progressive enforcement action; and
* Recommending enhancements to BC's consumer protection laws to the provincial government.
Wednesday, 19 December 2007
I have lived in BC for over ten years. This is the first time I have ever come across this body. I was reading Macleans story about a fraudulent funeral home they had closed down.